Open and Honest Communication
If you have a concern regarding your child we would ask that you speak to your child’s class teacher in the first instance. However you may wish to speak to the school Senco (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) Miss Grego. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 0121 444 6530 or email at email@example.com. If you wish to speak to our SEND Governor please contact Mrs Allen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We make sure that school staff working with your child is aware of your child’s needs and work as a team in an attempt to address these needs and fully include them in school life.
- Quality First Teaching is the first step to addressing needs within the classroom for SEND.
- If your child has 'A significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age’ (Code of Practice: for 0-25 Years) there may be a written targeted support plan put into place or in certain circumstances an EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan) will be sought.
- If your child has a written targeted plan it will be compiled by the appropriate staff and shared with you and your child.
- Staff are aware of the levels of intervention required we call these ‘waves of intervention’.
Wave 1: Needs met within the classroom
Wave 2: Needs met with some small group support
Wave 3: Needs met with some 1-1 specific support
- Work will be differentiated when and where appropriate.
- The level of support given is dependent on need, resources and staffing.
- We employ a positive handling plan where pupils are encouraged in their endeavours and praised for their successes.
- Risk assessments are undertaken for those with physical/medical needs with reasonable adjustments.
- We have named staff who take responsibility for specific medical needs.
- You can discuss any pastoral concerns you may have regarding your child with Mr Emery (Deputy Head Teacher) or Mrs McKinney (Head Teacher). To arrange an appointment please telephone the school office on 0121 444 6530.